Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3ds max crashing

Hi guys,

I am getting some weird crashes. I thought it was related to 3ds max 2018 but when I posted something on there boards they said it looked like a VRay thing.

Not sure but I have enclosed the dump file and some screen grabs. I am using Vray Next.

Thanks
    Alex

Attached Files
    Cheers

Alex

Hello,

From the logs it looks like the crash happens with DR enabled ? Does it happen at the end of the render ?
    I suspect it is related to a crash some users reported - we've fixed it in the latest stable nightlies. Could you try one of them (if you don't have access to the stable nightlies - write to our support mentioning this thread).

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Morning Yavor,

Yes it def happens with DR enabled. Yes the end of renders.

I will download one this morning and install and let you know.

Thank you

Alex

Cheers

Alex

Comment

Yavor,

So I downloaded the latest nightly build, it says VRay Adv 3.60.04, shouldn't it say VRay Next?

A
        Cheers

Alex

Comment

If it says 3.60.04 - then it is not V-Ray Next and you are seeing older builds.
          Actually - could you try to download the official V-Ray Next from the site and install it - it should contain the fix.
          Yavor Rubenov

Comment

ok let me uninstall and do that.

Why dont I see the Next nightly?
            Cheers

Alex

Comment

OK for some reason it says my license is expired? This is turning into a bit more then I anticipated.
              Attached Files
              Cheers

Alex

Comment

Hi,
                The access rights are based on the licenses assigned to your account. If you have valid license there might be some problem with the access rights, so drop a mail to sales@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
                Alexander
                Alexander Kazandzhiev

Comment

Ya my re seller kind of messed up emails and right here in the office. I am working through this now. I think I found the issue.
                  Cheers

Alex

Comment

OK I am up and running again, seems like it was email and login in issue. May other question is why cant I see any of the Next nightly when I log into the nightly site?
                    Cheers

Alex

Comment

All previous nightly builds accesses were reset when we started developing Next. Yavor was referring to the stable nightlies, which you should be able to reach after a kind email to support@chaosgroup.com
                      If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
                      Chaos

Comment

We have a V-Ray Next 4.02.04 update officially on our website now and it should fix the crashing DR issue - if you look at the V-Ray log file, it should say "V-Ray 4.02.04.00003 for x64 from Jun 15 2018".

Best regards,
                        Vlado
                        Last edited by vlado; 19-06-2018, 01:54 PM.
                        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlado, I actually did that installed it. I came in this morning and it crashed again. I included the dump files.

Thanks Peter I will reach out to them with an email.
                          Attached Files
                          Cheers

Alex

Comment

The dump shows something related to the "Transfer missing assets" feature in the DR settings. Could you try turning it off and see if the crash still happens?
                            Yavor Rubenov

Comment

Sure I can try that. I don't know if this is relevant or if the file said anything about substance but I feel like since I added the plugin for it I have been having some weird issues. I have no idea if its related or not since I haven't even started to use substance yet.
                              Cheers

Alex

Comment

Working...
                              X