Distributed rendering woes....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed rendering woes....

Please can someone point me in the right direction - or to a previous post - tried searching in vain...

Basically - i've not used DR for a while - but fired up my DR machine today and launched the spawner - only to be faced with a variety of errors ranging from the attached one - to the usual simply not working at all or reporting anything...
    Managed to get things working by turning OFF the firewall on my main machine (where job and Vray Liscnce server run) - all seems to be OK then. Tried 'resetting' defaults on Firewall - so it pops up asking if Max can accept connections when you run 1st DR job - I chose 'OK' on both public and private networks - but it still does not work

Only way I can get it working is to disable Firewall on my main machine - nothings changed (except new internet router) - help - i'm going nuts! What do I need to do re Firewall settings - i'm hopeless with Windows...
    Attached Files

Seems to be related to something with the license server as when i try and run Max on the DR Slave and choose Vray as my rendering engine - it won't let me unless the firewall on my main PC is OFF - what do i need to change re Firewall to allow the DR machine to see the dongle / license running on my main PC ?

Comment

The license server uses TCP port 30304 (by default) to communicate with the render nodes. This port should be available for incoming and outgoing communication in the firewall on both the license server and the render node.
      You can add firewall exceptions from Control Panel -> Windows Defender Firewall -> Advanced settings -> Inbound rules (and Outbound rules) -> New Rule.

Normally the firewalls are blocking incoming connections, that are not in reply of initiated connection by the machine, so adding an Inbound rule might be enough - test and check if you'll need an outbound rule too.
      If you cannot add the rules correctly - it'll be best to write us at support@chaosgroup.com
      Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Thanks Ivan - appreciate the reply. I managed to sort (before seeing your post) it by adding the licence server app to a new firewall rule on my main PC with the dongle. Strange as I don't recall ever changing my firewall settings - but it all worked just fine as soon as I added the licence server back as an allowed item!

Comment

Working...
        X