Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backburner and vrmesh

Hi,
    I'm heavily relaying on vrmesh. Its great!
    But one thing drives me nuts.
    When I render with backburner and for some reason a rendernode isn't able to find the mesh for a few seconds or minutes because the network is working to capacity or what ever.
    It won't cancel the frame.
    Instead, it renders without the vrmesh and in the next frame this isn't even trying to find the mesh again. It will render one frame after another until it needs to restart max because the job is done and it moves to the next or because I canceled by hand.
    Can you make vray cancel the render if it fails to load a mesh during the initialization phase? So bb would restart the render untill its able to find all meshes?
    It can be pretty painful to search for failed frames and re render them when you got 1000th of frames. Not to mention the lost render time.
    Last edited by Ihno; 28-06-2018, 01:52 PM.
    German guy, sorry for my English.

We have an option Check for missing maps for such cases and you can try it.
    But, it would be better to control the network render frames from the render manager instead of the render engine. BB has some changes in the latest version some of which you may not be aware :
    https://area.autodesk.com/blogs/max-...s-and-plugins/
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks!
      I'll try the Check for missing assets option first as I'd need to do the environment variable thing on every node.
      Man I hate backburner. I have to move to deadline at some point.
      Cheers!
      German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

Working...
      X