Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Previous Vray version DR spawner starts yet it's uninstalled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previous Vray version DR spawner starts yet it's uninstalled?

Hi,

Got Vray Next so uninstalled 3.6 on all the machines and installed Next on all the machines.

However strangely enough, atleast I thought so, when starting the new pc's the old spawner was still present and started a dummy 3ds max program. I always just copy the spawner.exe to the start-up menu. Removing the old spawner.exe and replacing it with the Next version solved this issue on all but 1 of the rendernodes.

I checked the start-up folder but it didn't contain an old 3.6 spawner.exe. I also couldn't find it as a windows service.

Could someone let me know what the name is of the service, incase I missed it. And also if there is another reason why the old spawner starts.

Backburner and DR jobs work fine once the old spawner has been turned off. The other pc's work fine aswell.

Thanks!

max 2016
    windows 10
    VrayNext

The service of vrayspawner is called - VRaySpawner2016, and this is the name it should appear into the Services on your WIndows OS.
    You might also search in your drives for the file called "vrayspawner2016.exe" and it resides usually into the following directory:
    C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016
    The best way you make sure that old vrayspawner si removed is to uninstall all the previous versions of V-Ray on that machine and then install only the latest - V-Ray Next.
    We recommend to use "Registrer V-Ray Spawner as a service" oprion, in order to register the latest vrayspawner on your machines. This way you will make sure that the service is always started when the machine is booted.

Let me know if the above suggestion worked for you.
    Stefan Isakov

Technical Support Representative
    support@chaosgroup.com

Contact Support

Chaos Group

Comment

Hi,

FYI, I had already uninstalled the older vray version before reinstalling Vray Next. However the above solutions didn't fix the issue.

There is no Vrayspawner service in the Windows OS services menu so that shouldn't be the issue.

I then deleted the "vrayspawner2016.exe" file and restarted. But that was actually the spawner for Vray Next so nothing happend. I uninstalled Next and then reinstalled it.

And now again I have 2 vrayspawners on startup......

I installed ccleaner to check the startup tasks (because backburner server is also opening on startup, but isn't placed the startup folder) and I found that there was another spawner startup task present. This was located in the key "Startup Common" instead of "Startup User" (which is were I would normally place it). So I removed the manual copy of the launch spawner from the startup menu folder and that fixed it.

Guess I used a different location/registration to get them in the startup, although I have no idea how I did it as it was a couple of months ago... :S

Comment

Working...
      X