Vray GPU Output node Invert Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray GPU Output node Invert Problem

Hello, i think i found a bug, not sure if it's documented or reported. Vray Next GPU, 3ds max 2018, win 10 home, nvidia driver 388.71. 2x gtx1080.
    I made a material, made reflection color blue. It it's map input i've put an Output node, and in that a dirtmap. If i Invert the output, the blue reflection color changes to red (aka it inverts the reflection color too, not just the map placed in the Output node). Vray Next CPU works as expected. On GPU if i also put that Output node in a Composite, everything works as expected.
    Thank you

I also just noticed that if i Invert the Output node, sometimes i have to check "Enable Color Map" for the Invert function to work as expected.

Comment

Hi, there is a bug which seems similar to your case reported in our bug tracking system. In some cases the invert is not taken in account using V-Ray GPU. Would it be possible to send us an example scene to support@chaosgroup.com for investigation.
      Martin Minev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for the reply, i sent a copy of the scene to support. I attached 2 images illustrating issues i came across. Here is what i noticed:
        1. If there’s lets say a blue reflection color set, and we map an output node to the reflection, and we put a bitmap in the output, and we invert the output, it also inverts the reflection color to yellow-ish.
        2. If you open the scene I sent (you can also see attached images), and you turn ON and OFF the “Enable Color Mapping” setting in the Output node without any changes to the curve, *Sometimes I get the illustrated result, aka all bitmaps seem to vanish. At first when I tested it, it worked correctly, then all of a sudden it started giving me this result (note that it does this while the Output node is Inverted).
        3. I mapped a composite with a radial gradient ramp to the light source, and I instanced the same gradient to act as a mask, and the as you can see in the reflection, the middle of the gradient is transparent, while the gradient in that spot is at peak white.

Thank you very much and I’m sorry if I missed something and my scene setup is the reason for these issues.

Comment

Working...
        X