Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to deal in Post prod when DOF is part of the rendered image?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to deal in Post prod when DOF is part of the rendered image?

Hello, I usually do the DOF in post prod but for the first time I add it in the beauty render.
    Now I'm wondering if the render pass can still be used in post prod or not?
    The render element edge are very wavy on the defocus zone, but adjusting the brightness/exposition/color will probably create a hollow!

Also, Denoiser is uncompatible with DOF, so it there a way to remove some noise (without removing the blur create by the DOF) in post prod?
    Last edited by fraggle; 16-07-2018, 12:55 AM.

We use the Multimatte Render Element together with DOF all the time, it works really well.
    I don't know about the multicolor masks you are using, because these are known to be causing a lot of trouble. It looks like the edges are not sampled properly, which never happened with the Multimattes. Try them.
    https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Object ID is generated by the surface of an object and whatever object is closest to the camera puts it's ID into that pixel only - there's no way to get half of one object and half of another which you need for things like motion blur or DOF where the final image has a mix of multiple objects where things get soft. As Oliver said give multimatte a go, as you mentioned in a previous thread it's a bit of a pain in the ass since you've to set up a lot of mattes for complicated scenes but it'll deal with those soft edges far better.

Comment

Working...
      X