Region rendering and Distributed rendering not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Region rendering and Distributed rendering not working

Whenever I am using distributed rendering and try to region render the slave buckets will render drastically darker. ONLY when region rendering. Everything is pathed properly and all nodes are on V-Ray 3.60.04. I have attached some images with DR buckets as well to illustrate the issue. A work around I have found is the load the LC from file, but this issue really needs to be resolved in V-Ray 3. Is there already a solution for this problem, I couldn't seem to find one. I have been having this issue for months and it really slows down my workflow.

A secondary issue also illustrated here is when region rendering it will clear the image behind and not save over it. Is there a fix for that as well?

Hi,

We will definitely need a repro scene for the first issue. Can you pack it and send it to support@chaosgroup.com ?

As for the second one, are you using render elements ? It can be the issue discussed in this thread > https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...04-vfb-cleared
    Another issue that might be here is the length of the render elements path/name. If it exceed 64 symbols the VFB will be cleared in the next render.
    Last edited by tashko.zashev; 19-07-2018, 01:21 AM.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

In addition, please make sure that Previous render option is set to Unchanged
      Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_2018-07-19_08-37-52.png
Views:	63
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	1004585

Comment

I have exactly same problem. Dark slave buckets from slaves in region.
        Jozef
        www.cad-vizualizacie.sk

Comment

Originally posted by joecharon View Post
          I have exactly same problem. Dark slave buckets from slaves in region.
          Give us a test scene please. I can't reproduce it in a quick setup.

Comment

Working...
          X