Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3ds max 2019 - Framebuffer freezing and other tabs randomly popping up when i start a render - UNUSABLE right now please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3ds max 2019 - Framebuffer freezing and other tabs randomly popping up when i start a render - UNUSABLE right now please help

Oh no!
    Started my first print renderings in max 2019 and suddenly it`s going crazy.
    when i render some larger resolutions the framebuffer is freezing and other tabs randomly popping up when i start a render - UNUSABLE right now please help
    i`m not even able to chancel the render but it seems it`s rendering still

anyone else discoverd that behavior?
    OLIKA
    www.olika.de

Hello,

Seems like the issue described in this thread:
    https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...-3-6-vfb-hangs
    and there are some workarounds here:
    https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...884#post975884

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Ah ok ok, it was a old scene from max 2016 which had not set the memory limit to 0, when i changed it all is working... puuh sorry for panicking...
      OLIKA
      www.olika.de

Comment

Hi Yavor,
        thanks for super fast help and the very interesting links!

But two things still bothers me right now, is the low priority set in vray settings tab gone in vray next or am i blind?
        And when i render the scene, statistic info shows me that it is swapping memory somehow, i didn't see that for a long time.
        Don't know if it makes sense and when what is causing the memory swap into virtual memory...
        OLIKA
        www.olika.de

Comment

There is a thread for the Low Thread priority option here:
          https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...-priority-gone

Not sure about the swapping - what message do you get ?
          Yavor Rubenov

Comment

If the Low Thread priority option is on by default now that's what i wanted to do anyway

With swapping i mean that "V:" in the scene statistics, is that normal?

OLIKA
            www.olika.de

Comment

I think it's normal - the V thing is about virtual memory used by Max. Virtual here doesn't necessarily mean swap - it's parts of the memory requested by the process that are not in physical memory yet. For example if the app requests a big chunk of memory but only touches a part of it - some of the rest might remain only virtual and not go to physical memory at all.

Yavor Rubenov

Comment

Hi Yavor,
                thanks for explaining, really appreciate it!
                OLIKA
                www.olika.de

Comment

Working...
                X