Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "visible to camera" and GPU

ive got a really wierd one.

i need to hide one building from the camera in my render, but when i untick "visible to camera" in object properties for the selected objects , i get other , unrelated objects also dissapearing when i render. the object properties clearly show these other objects are set to "visible" they are not in a group or linked to the invisible geometry, and are on a seperate layer.

ive tried applying a different material, toggling the visible checkbox, but the only way i can get them to show up is to set the other building to "visible" again.

the objects are visible in the lightcache, before rendering starts.

what gives?

vray 3.6, max 2016

If you have instances of the same material being used as inputs to other materials, where the instanced or the other materials have any of these properties changed (visible to camera, etc), try to make a distinct copy of the instanced material (so it is not instanced anymore) and see if this helps.

Best,
    Blago.
    V-Ray fan.
    Looking busy around GPUs ...
    RTX ON

Comment

Thanks Blago for the fast response, that fixed it. so, on gpu the "visible to camera " object property is somehow propagated via material instances? is that bug or a result of how gpu handles visibility?. im amazed i never came across this issue before.

Comment

It is a bug in our code - in some cases, this property can leak into the instanced materials.
        It might sound something trivial, but it is not quite. There is a way to fix it, we just haven't done it yet.

Sorry for the troubles.

Best,
        Blago.
        V-Ray fan.
        Looking busy around GPUs ...
        RTX ON

Comment

This hasn't been fixed yet, right? I'm having exactly the same issue with V-Ray GPU Next 3.2.
          Invisible to Camera with an instantiated material causes missing objects in render, while breaking the instance (making a material copy) resolves the issue...

Comment

Working...
          X