Vray HDRI rotation lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanSHP View Post
    I finally managed to get it working. You can switch to Directx Legacy mode in preferences and all is good.
    In turn every panning, rotating or zooming in your viewport will be much slower with lots of high poly objects. There is a reason why Nitrous was introduced: Viewport speed. And that's one of 3dsMax strong points.
    https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Yes, it's not an ideal workaround, viewport performance is reduced (you have to revert back and restart max to get back into Nitrous etc) yet the background HDRI rotation is smooth as butter! Bizarre.

I've given up on this tbh. Switching to DirectX legacy mode, adjusting the HDRI and having to restart max is just an absolute ball ache. You can get around this with IPR, just our scenes are sometimes very large, and IPR isn't fast enough for quick previews that we can interact with live. If I can preview the HDRI in the viewport before test rendering and rotate it at will, I can at least rotate it in a direction that suits the camera angle before pressing the big red button. Hopefully Autodesk do something about this

Comment

I have been posting this bug, among several others for years, and none have been fixed.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...
        X