Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• max 2016, V-Ray Next, vue extreme - DLL error & crash

Hi guys,
    I've recently upgraded to Next from 3.6 running on max 2016 but I can no longer render vue extreme scenes via V-Ray, I get the Plug-in DLL error attached before max crashes. Rendering with Mental Ray still works fine.
    Is there a way I can access 3.6 in the render setup dialogue to render vue scenes with V-Ray still? I have online licensing, and have seen on other discussion threads that older versions of V-Ray are usually accessible when you upgrade.
    Thanks for any help.
    Jon

Bizarrely, I also get the same error when opening pFlow, even in a new scene. Clicking on the OK button causes it to pop up again 3 or 4 times before finally opening the Particle View window, and max doesn't crash.
    Last edited by MonosP; 12-08-2018, 12:57 PM. Reason: Additional info

Hi Jon,

The error shows that the xstreamvray3.dlr cannot be loaded. I guess it is compiled with the V-Ray SDK, but for V-Ray 3, so you should update with a V-Ray Next compatible version.
    About the particle flow is the error message about the same file? If it is then the update should solve that too.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Kazandzhiev
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Hi Alexander,
      Thanks for the quick reply, I've emailed e-on to see if there's a version complied with the Next SDK.
      Regarding the particle flow error, it happens even with a completely new and empty scene as soon as I open max. It only happens the first time I initialise particle flow though, any subsequent opening and closing of particle flow is fine.
      Quick screen capture here shows it:
      https://youtu.be/lN1G7QKBFv4

Best regards,
      Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

The error is with the same plugin, so it will be fixed with the other one.

Best regards,
        Alexander
        Alexander Kazandzhiev

Comment

Thanks Alexander.

Best regards,
          Jon

Comment

Hello! I figured I would piggy back on to this thread instead of making a brand new one. I am also getting an error when I try to render vue objects now with vray next. It's only happened since upgrading to next version. I am using 3ds max 2018, vue xstream 2016 r4. The screenshot shows the error I'm getting. This is a blank scene with only a vue plant loaded in and a vray dome light.
            From what I read on this thread it sounds like e-on has some work to do to ensure their software is working with the current tools. If by chance and I am handcuffed by e-on is there a practical way to roll back v-ray so that I can still use both tools? Thanks for the assistance!

Comment

Originally posted by slanier View Post
              Is there a practical way to roll back v-ray so that I can still use both tools?
              If you use the latest license server - https://download.chaosgroup.com/license-server
              you can just install a V-Ray 3.6 build and it will work with the Next license - https://download.chaosgroup.com/down...2018-36004-adv

Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

MonosP Did E-On ever get back to you about the Vray Next version? The very latest installer still only lists Vray3 and I only have Vray Next installed here. Their product page for Vue lists Vray Next but it's not in my installer.

Comment

Hey wallworm , they did, the guy who dealt with my ticket got back to me quickly and with a detailed reply which I'll post below, bear in mind this is from mid-August.
                  I've not had to do any significant Vue/V-Ray work since then but as ivan.slavchev suggested I installed a 3.6 build when I needed both working together. I did have a couple of issues with network rendering and checking out a 3.6 workstation license for offline work but I need to go through that again to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong before flagging it.
                  Hope this helps anyway...

------------------------------------------------------
                  E-on's reply:

First of all, sorry for the long delay in coming back to you. A bank holiday day and the traditional holidays month in France created some delays where there shouldn’t be any. However, this is what our developers team answered – when I asked them to be sure to give you the right answer.

xStream 2016 is supposed to support all V-Ray 3.x version until the latest one which is 3.60.04.
                  For Ozone, it should be the same, but I can't be sure because at the time of its release, we probably only tested with V-Ray 3.60.02 or 3.60.03.
                  We also have plugins for V-Ray 2.4/2.5 in 3ds Max / Maya 2015 and older.

So the answer in fact is – we do not have a V-Ray Next SDK yet – and the emphasis is “yet” I would say. One thing is for sure. A change for Vue xStream 2015 will not happen, so if you want to have a chance for an update, I think you need to upgrade to xStream 2016. But maybe you wait a bit with that, the schedule is to come out with a new version later this year, maybe this will change things (we are in Alpha testing at the moment and the decision what goes into this and what not is not done completely – of course an information that is a bit confidential)
                  I hope this helps you a bit, even when it does not bring you a solution to your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by MonosP View Post
                    Hope this helps anyway...

Thank you for the info. I grabbed Vue XStream for Max 2019 but they still have not added VRay Next for this version. I'm wondering if maybe Vlado or someone at Chaos can reach out to E-On and help facilitate an update.

Comment

Will see if we can do anything about this. The first beta of V-Ray Next was released a year ago and the official release is available since May 2018, that should have been ample time for the Vue guys to prepare and release an update.

Best regards,
                      Vlado
                      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thank you Vlado.

Comment

E-on added Max 2020 support... but installers still only support V-Ray 3. Anyone have word about progress on them getting V-Ray Next?

Comment

Got an email from E-On today. They said they added VRay Next support.

I installed latest Vue for 3ds Max that purported to have added support for VRay Next. I set renderer to Vray Next, loaded a default Atmosphere from Vue's default collection, hit render, then Max crashed to CER.

VRay had this error:

error: UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: Scanning scene Last marker is at D:\cgrepo\vray\vrender\src\vrenderlight.cpp, line 555: Exiting VRenderLightObj::init()

Comment

Hi, I'll try to test it, but I am waiting for my trial application to be approved. In the mean time, which version of V-Ray Next are you using?

Best regards,
                              Alexander
                              Alexander Kazandzhiev

Comment

Working...
                              X