3ds Max 2019 Consistently Crashes when using Spawner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3ds Max 2019 Consistently Crashes when using Spawner

I have Deadline10.0.16 running as a service on my render nodes. I have 3ds Max 2019.1 and the latest release of V-Ray Next installed. When I start the V-Ray Spawner through Deadline, 3ds Max will get to about 450MB and then just crash itself, restart, and try again. It will do this until I cancel the Deadline Job, which kills the V-Ray Spawner. I do not see this behavior with 3ds Max 2018 and V-Ray 3.6 in our environment. Manually launching the V-Ray Spwaner on a user account (admin or not) results in everything working properly. However, when I elevate my permissions to SYSTEM via CMD and PsExec, I can replicate the issue with the V-Ray Spwaner and 3ds Max Crashing. All of which is being done on Windows10 Enterprise V1709.

I'm at a bit of a loss here. I have seen similar behavior on the past when Backburner is not installed with 3ds Max. However in 2019, Autodesk has removed Backburner from being installed with 2019, and is now an alternate installation through the Autodesk App Store. I have gone and installed this new version, but it does not seem to solve the issue. I have even gone to the lengths of submitting a single job through Backburner just in case, but that did not solve the issue as well.

I'm not really sure if this is the VRaySpwaner's fault, or 3ds Max's fault. I'm pretty sure Deadline is working properly. I have some 3ds Max dump files that I'm about to send to Autodesk, but I thought I would try here as well. I have attached a sample from the V-Ray Spawner Log file to show what I am seeing on my end.

It seems another user on the forum is having a some-what similar issue, which can be found on the thread linked below

Thank you,
    -Scott
    Attached Files
    Hi, I'm just getting to grips with cloud rendering through Deadline10, but I can't seem to get the vrayspawner to work. I'm using one of the preconfigured
    Last edited by ScottD; 29-08-2018, 07:45 AM.

Is there a way to start the spawners with a user account when submitting from Deadline? What user is Deadline Slave running with? Also - if you register VRayspawner as a service with SYSTEM account - does the Spawner work.
    Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the same behavior in my environment, maybe the user permissions are different? Do you have UAC enabled?
    Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
    X