X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR host not responding

Hi,

Please have a look at the screenshot.
    My nodes used to work, they're found, added, receive the scene, starting the render & frame.
    But then the host doesn't seem to respond.

Thank you
    Attached Files
    Pieter
    claar.be

Does the render stop or you just see the "not responding" message? If just the message - sometimes when assets are transferred they occupy the network and the bandwidth is not enough for V-Ray in 3dsMax to receive status messages from the nodes. If that's the case, the render should be OK.
    If, however, the rendering stops - you can check vraylog.txt in %TEMP% on the render nodes for errors - you can attach a log here.
    Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Thank you for the support.
      In the mean time the nodes seem to respond again, could indeed have something to do with the assets that still had to be transfered.
      So at the moment things are working fine. If there is a problem related to this I'll let you know.

Thanks again.
      Pieter
      claar.be

Comment

Looks like the issue reappears when transfer missing assets is turned off.
        I have everything setup so the assets are available locally on every node before the render starts.

Thanks
        Pieter
        claar.be

Comment

I have something similar. I am working on an old scene from 3.4 and i am having loads of error messages about nodes disconnecting
          Edit: this is even more bizarre... I restarted Max created a simple new scene with refractions and I rendered properly, no timeouts. Then loaded the old scene and it renders without a problem too ! Very strange
          Last edited by ALEX_SPYROPOULOS; 05-09-2018, 07:21 AM.
          ----------------------------------------------------
          164 core mini rendering farm - RTX 3090
          All with 128GB ram
          Windows 11

3ds Max 2024 - vray - phoenix - forest pack

Comment

Originally posted by pietervanstee View Post
            Looks like the issue reappears when transfer missing assets is turned off.
            I have everything setup so the assets are available locally on every node before the render starts.

Thanks

What's the 3dsMax, V-Ray and Windows version you use?
            Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Hi Ivan, at the moment I'm using the latest stable build on the render nodes, in combination with windows 10.
              But I don't know if this happend with an earlier build of vray.

At the moment I keep transfer missing assets on as I'm working on my project, but when everything is set I'll try again with the setting off.
              Pieter
              claar.be

Comment

Working...
              X