X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next : problems with glare and pixels on final render

Hello,
    Yesterday I upgrade from 3.6 to NEXT.
    Have issues with pixels and randomly glare fx in not necessary places - and it happens randomly - in 3.6 was everything smooth and clear .

I try with Adaptive light On/Of , and with region render sometimes no glares - sometimes there is glares in different color ...

I render 21 camera, and 5 views was with this pdd glares and color pixels ..
    In 3.6 was everything ok , I just convert whole scene with Vray scene converter , I did not use portals at all. I just turn On Adaptive Dome . No errors in log .

Comment

I'm sorry I have no input on your issue apart of maybe try turning adaptive dome off, it still has some strange 'bugs' in it sometimes, might be related. On the other I like your visuals, especially the shaders and lighting are well balanced. Could you perhaps elaborate on your curtain material?
      A.

---------------------
      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Can you get me the scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com? We fixed a few issues like this and I want to make sure that everything is ok. Or I can get you a build to try out.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
          I'm sorry I have no input on your issue apart of maybe try turning adaptive dome off, it still has some strange 'bugs' in it sometimes, might be related. On the other I like your visuals, especially the shaders and lighting are well balanced. Could you perhaps elaborate on your curtain material?
          thank you !
          the curtain material is simple setup - see below

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
            Can you get me the scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com? We fixed a few issues like this and I want to make sure that everything is ok. Or I can get you a build to try out.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            Thank you for reply , will send the scene by wetransfer , and yes please can you send me the build - I can test during weekend as well

Comment

Originally posted by alex.nozadze View Post

thank you !
              the curtain material is simple setup - see below
              Nice thanks for sharing
              A.

---------------------
              www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Yes, happens to me, too. It sometimes fixes itself after turning it off/on a few times. It doesn't immediately fix itself, leave it off for a while and try it after some time.
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com
                e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
                  Yes, happens to me, too. It sometimes fixes itself after turning it off/on a few times. It doesn't immediately fix itself, leave it off for a while and try it after some time.
                  I render another ongoing project - and everything is clear , no pixels, no glares in wrong place ..
                  I'm using batchcamera to render all views during the night/day, so I can't control, or turn on/off glare ...
                  but thank you for the trick
                  Hope Vlado will fix this issue

Comment

Yes, I found the problem, I'm testing a fix...

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

hi vlado, it is happening on my side too. Is there a nighlty to test it out?
                      Surrealismo
                      https://www.facebook.com/surrrealismo

Comment

I found the problem in Alex's case and I got him a build, but I'm not sure if it's the same issue - I guess we can try. Email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com and let me know which 3ds Max version you are using?

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

thank you, email sent
                          Surrealismo
                          https://www.facebook.com/surrrealismo

Comment

vlado has the fix for this made it into the nightly builds?
                            Chris Jackson
                            Shiftmedia
                            www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

We've run into this issue twice now - the team is still on v3.6.04 but ranch render farm is rendering our jobs with next and we keep getting back disco light scenes from them.

It seems that any 3.6 scene you render with vray 4 is at risk of being badly affected. There seems to be no reason for it that we can see. No specific type of material that it occurs on etc, very random.

It's a bit of a worry as we are considering upgrading to next but we will need our old scenes to work! At the moment I think the solution might be to not use ranch and use rebus instead who will render it with a matching version of vray.

Do you think you've solved the problem with the nightly? Our issue looks exactly like alex's issue, but we'd love to help you dig deeper.

Let me know if you would like a scene.
                              Last edited by werticus; 23-10-2018, 07:44 PM.
                              WerT
                              www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Working...
                              X