vray next gpu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray next gpu

vray next stopped rendereing after calculating light cache.
    It´s showing: prefiltering light cache in the lower status line of the frame buffer but it does not continue it does nor freeze i get this log:
    any settings i messed up? The only thing i changed was noise 0,005 and light cache 2000sbdv

to be honest i can´t imagine being out of ram running a 32gb ram and nvidia p4000 8gb

Comment

Hello,

The message says that you are running out of video ram (the 8gb on the p4000) - the next line shows some of the required memory for different elements of the scene. The total is close to 8gb and if the p4000 has display attached Windows and Max also reserve a portion - so it's not impossible that you are running out of memory. Can you check your available video memory before starting the render and see how much you have ?

Best regards,
      Yavor
      Yavor Rubenov
      V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post
        Hello,

The message says that you are running out of video ram (the 8gb on the p4000) - the next line shows some of the required memory for different elements of the scene. The total is close to 8gb and if the p4000 has display attached Windows and Max also reserve a portion - so it's not impossible that you are running out of memory. Can you check your available video memory before starting the render and see how much you have ?

Best regards,
        Yavor
        Thank you for your answer.
        How can I check my available memory? Question isn´t vray next gpu if I use it in combination with cpu designed to use my available memory of cpu instead whenever gpu is overpacked? sorry for the question but I don´t get that.

Comment

You can use 3rd part tool like MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision or GPU-Z for that. On Windows 10 the Task Manager also has some GPU monitoring and there you can see the "Dedicated GPU Memory" graph (on the other hand - the gpu usage in the task manager seems not reliable).

You can use your CPU as another CUDA device but it is a separate device - the memory is not shared between the two.
          Yavor Rubenov
          V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

4847,71 for mtls...Swiching the mode under textures to On-Demand Mip-Mapped might help.
            German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

Originally posted by Ihno View Post
              4847,71 for mtls...Swiching the mode under textures to On-Demand Mip-Mapped might help.
              Wow you`re a hero this really did work for me thanks =)

Comment

Working...
              X