Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lens Effects via Backburner?

Hello,

Sorry if this has been covered before I couldnt find an answer to it.

I am rendering an animation which has Vray Lens effects Glare i am using vray 3.60.04 and 3DS Max

When I submitt the job to the backburner, the glare settings are not saved and its deactivated when the frames start rendering on other machines? I have done a number of test now and the glare is switched off everytime.

Also my exposure settings and white balance settings are not transfered accross the backburner either.

I have also tried switching off hardware accelerated before submitting.

Is this a glitch or am i doing something wrong?

Is this an issue in Vray Next?

Thanks in Advance

Will

Hello,

Please be informed that the Lens effects are applied by the V-Ray Frame Buffer (VFB). In order to render with Lens effects on the render node please make sure that the V-Ray for 3ds Max Spawner is started in interactive mode (not as a service).
    If you are using Backburner that also means that you will need to start it in interactive mode, otherwise the VFB might not start and fail to apply the Lens effects.

If you are still not getting the Lens effects even when V-Ray Spawner runs in interactive then please let us know:
    1. The version of 3ds Max.
    2. The version of Windows (please let us know if latest updates are applied)
    3. The version of Backburner.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

How do you start Vray Spawner interactive mode? All I have in my options is Lauch Vray DR-Spwaner?

Comment

Hi,

You just need to start Backburner server manually, not as a service - it can be started from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Backburner\server.exe"
        If you use V-Ray without Backburner - you can start the spawner from "Start Menu\Programs\Chaos Group\V-Ray Adv for 3ds Max 201x for x64\Distributed rendering\Launch V-Ray DR spawner"
        For V-Ray NEXT - "Start Menu\Programs\V-Ray Next 4.0 for 3ds Max 201x\Distributed rendering\Launch V-Ray Next 4.0 DR spawner for 3ds Max 2018"
        Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Hi,

ok. Yes that is how I always start the server i always run the 'server.exe' on all the render machines I also have the DR Spawner running as I switch between using the machines for distributed and single frame rendering.

I am in the process of rendering to Vray Next in the next week so hopefully that will resolve the problem

Comment

Working...
          X