No announcement yet.

Color+alpha in refraction doesn't work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color+alpha in refraction doesn't work.

Hello, i've been working with vray for 3dsmax since 2005 and today happened something that i can not fix. I'm making an interior. Windows have glass material with color+alpha in refraction selected. Behind the glass outside i created plane with vraylight material to simulate background image. Plane with texture has alpha contribution in vray properties set to 0. Now, when i render - there is solid alpha. It shouldn't be like that. Since alpha contribution is set to 0 it should be semi transparent alpha, not solid. I tried everything. Nothing worked. The only solution is to set in refraction to "all chanels" in glass refraction. But i don't want to have this option selected. I don't want to affect all channels. Anyone can help? 3dsmax 2014 and Vray NEXT, latest verion.

Hello, do you have an image to illustrate your problem?
    Workstation: Ryzen 9 5950x @ 4,20GHz 64 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro P5000, Win10 Prof.<br>Rendernode: AMD Threadripper 2990wx 64 GB RAM, Win 10 Prof. MAX 2021.3, VRay 5 hotfix2, ForestPack, RailClone, RichDirt, KStudio ProjectManager....

Comment

Working...
    X