Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray Next, Object Properties, Vray Properties - "Visible in Reflection" doesn't work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Next, Object Properties, Vray Properties - "Visible in Reflection" doesn't work.

Hi.

I have a problem with Vray Next that i think is not working properly with my shadow catcher. So i have this car and a dome set as lighting, with a plane as shadow catcher below it. So i don't wanna see the plane reflected in the car model so I've tried to disable it from Vray Properties "Visible in Reflection" and doesn't work. Then I've tried the Object Properties "Visible to Reflection\Refraction" set to disable and still nothing is changing. The only solution that i found is to add it manually to the object in cause(in my case CAR) from Vray Properties/Trace sets "Exclude Reflection" and exclude plane from reflection of the car. The problem is that if i have like my car 200 objects that i want this plane to not be seen in their reflection is gonna cost an good amount of time to set manually to each one of them because this feature can not support select and set to all from one. And even when i finished this another problem came after, if i trying to render this scene with exclusion of this plane added to all my other object in Vray Cloud it is not supported by it. I know that Vray Cloud is still in beta but i wonder if it is something that could resolve this, or it's a bug? I need to mention that I've reinstalled the 3ds Max and Vray Next, even remake the scene from scratch but doesn't seem to work either.

Thank you,
    Daniel

I can confirm that there is something strange happening with Next 4.02.05 here as well. The object itself dissappears, but leaves a black reflection instead.
    https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

I have posted this weeks ago... hope there will be a solution soon...
      https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...on-black-color
      Pixelschmiede GmbH
      www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

Working...
      X