VRayStochasticFlakes invisible in glossy refraction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayStochasticFlakes invisible in glossy refraction

I've noticed a major bug with the VRayStochasticFlakesMtl: The flakes disappear when seen in a glossy refraction!

In the attached image you can see my use case of showing sparkly powder in a glass tube. I'm using the VRayStochasticFlakesMtl for the sparkly nature of the powder (as a coat of a VRayBlendMtl on top of a green metallic VRayMtl), but this only shows up when the glass tube has a glossiness value of 1. As soon as I add even the slightest amount of glossiness to the glass refraction, the flakes disappear completely. By the way, this using a VRayBlendMtl isn't making any difference... when using only a VRayStochasticFlakesMtl the problem is the same.

I am still on V-Ray 3.60.04 (since we don't have the budget to update our machines to Next right now), so I hope it's not out of question to fix a bug like this, even if it's an older version
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Laserschwert; 24-10-2018, 01:54 AM.

Hi,

this is how the stochastic flakes are implemented to save work. We will discuss what we can do.

Best regards,
    Asen

Comment

The same issue happens in vray next for maya, is there a fix for this ? Kind of a big limitation when doing cosmetic renderings among many other things.

Comment

I will patch something for the nightly builds tomorrow.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X