Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Next IPR crashes every time i stop it

Hi!

I am having Problems with Vray IPR (actually same problems with old R too)
    Nearly every time i stop it or change a frame it crashes 3dsmax.

Its doing this with most scenes. Could be substance or anything else a problem?
    I was trying it at the moment with a scene that only contained Archviz geometry and no Proxies or other stuff.´and simple Vraysun/Sky lightning.
    I have tzhe same Problem on my other workstation with same hardware (1950 Threadripper with dual 1080ti)

I am still using an older nvidia driver as you recommend..Right now its no fun to use Vray IPR and my 1080ti.

Best regards, daniel
    Daniel Krassnig / http://www.vistral-3d-visualisierung.de/ / Architektur Visualisierungen

Hello,

When there is a crash V-Ray should create a crash dump file called VRay.dmp in your temp folder. Could you send one such dump to our support or attach it here ?

Or even better - if you can send a scene with some steps that lead to crash

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Hi Yavor!

Well i only got this "error: UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: Unloading bitmaps
      Last marker is at C:\builder\cgrepo\vray\vray\src\vrayrenderer.cpp, line 3609: Preparing global light manager[2018/Nov/1|23:13:18]"

in the log file in my local/temp folder.

Its crashing with the 3dsmax "ok i am dead now, do you want to make a save so that my spirit lives on" question.
      And i cant find the vray dump file..

So ehh i guess i am blind.. where can i find the dump file
      i can also send you the 3dsmax file of course. no textures needed it will crash any time i stop the IPR ) on my workstation

Seeya daniel
      Daniel Krassnig / http://www.vistral-3d-visualisierung.de/ / Architektur Visualisierungen

Comment

Hi Daniel,

If you see the send/don't send dialog from Max - then the dump is from Max and is called 3dsmax_minidump.dmp and is located in your temp folder (type %temp% in windows explorer address bar).
        Sending the scene that crashes will be very helpful

Best regards,
        Yavor
        Yavor Rubenov

Comment

Hi Yavor!

Allright thanks for the info!
          i guess ill send it to the support and mention this post and your name.
          It would really help us to find the reason for this. its really sad that also my 2x1080ti are just for show at the moment

thanks and seeya, daniel!

Comment

Hii!

Sorry for my late reply.. had lots of deadlines.

What i experienced is that substance in 3dsmax works like.. eh shit. Its buggy some substances simply stop working or wreck your 3dsmax file.
            Without substance stuff i dondt have any crashes any more wit vray IPR.

Substance even completly destroyed a projekt (block 32 blabla error at the beginning and my max file was dead)
            I am now banning substance from my projects or bake this stuff (most textures are a 2x2meter tiling Mess and i dondt have a reason to use this stuff.. the quality of my pictures went down with substance stuff )

and congatulations on the Vray next sp1!!!! IPR in the viewpoint is the thing i have been waiting for forever ) !!

Seeya daniel

Comment

Originally posted by krassi View Post
              and congatulations on the Vray next sp1!!!! IPR in the viewpoint is the thing i have been waiting for forever ) !!
              Thank you

As for the substance - i tried some of the files coming with 3ds Max but on a simple scene I couldn't get it to crash. If you still face issues with them and need to use them - can you get us a crashing scene. Maybe there is something we can do on our side about the crashes.

Yavor Rubenov

Comment

Working...
              X