Distributed Rendering using Vray Standalone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed Rendering using Vray Standalone

Looking for some help setting up a very small render farm.

Company I just started at are running Max 2018 and Vray 3.6, they have 2 Vray licences, one dongle, which I use on my desktop permanently, and one online, which gets passed around whoever else wants to use it.

I want to utilise the floating licence, when it's not being used on my, on laptop which I've attached to the network and can see my shared folders on my desktop, but not the main server files as yet (looking to get this sorted but I don't think it's a problem yet)

I've installed Vray Standalone and licence server on the laptop and logged in to our Vray account via chrome (using the same log-in deets on licence sever). I've started standalone and put it in to server mode, it says it's waiting for requests on port 20207.
    I've also installed licence server on the desktop and given dist. render setup the IP of the laptop. When I hit render it says it can't communicate with the IP of the laptop.

My current line of thinking is a network firewall blocking communication between the two on port 20207 and I've contacted our IT support to check this, but I want to check I've not missed anything else.

Is it even possible to do what I'm trying - i.e. using Vray Standalone (3.40.03) as a Server for Vray Adv.(3.60.03)?

Short answer - no.

First, you should never mix versions when using DR. Install 3.6 everywhere (the license is the same). Second, V-Ray Standalone and V-Ray for 3ds max use different types of DR - please check this page - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...uted+Rendering
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

That version of standalone was the only option available to me.

Comment

You should contact support@chaosgroup.com for this.
        If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
        Chaos

Comment

Working...
        X