Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visible wireframe in rounded corner with vrayedgestex

Hello,

Can someone explain me why I have always the wireframes of my mesh, visible in the specular of my rounded corners, when I use vrayedgestex ?
    I use Max2016 with Vray adv 3.60.03
    I tried dozens of configurations, dozens of materials, dozens of meshes and I have always the ugly wireframes...

You can see an example down there, but this problem appears with every mesh, even simple box.
    On the left, you can see the mesh without vrayedgestex. And on the right , the same mesh with vrayedgestex.

Is there a way to have nice rounded corner with vrayedgestex, with nice speculars without seeing wireframe ?

Thank you for your help.

I'm getting the same issue with Max 2019.2 and latest V-Ray next
    switching on/off hidden edges also has no effect
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Hi Morne,
      It seems that this problem comes from the size of the scene.
      If I multiply the size of the mesh, the wireframe effect seems to disappear...

Strange thing.

Comment

Would it be possible to get me that scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com so that we can see if there is a way to remove the edges?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I had the same thing on a very large scene scale and VrayEdgestex for rounded edges, the object started to show the visible edges as above, made worse with a light behind it. Scaled the scene down and it was ok. It was Vray 3.4/3.6 though.

Comment

Hello,
            Here is a picture to show you what happens when I scale X10 the mesh.
            When the object is 3cm X 3cm, there is a lot of wireframes.
            When the object is 30cm X 30cm, there is no more wireframe.
            The wireframes appears only on the specular.
            After verification, I have this effect on (almost?) all my scenes. But I do not often look so close of the mesh like this time.

Regards.

Comment

Thanks, I can reproduce the issue and it is due to the secondary rays bias set to 0.001 for the scene that you sent me. If you set it to 0.0, the issue will go away. We are working on a way to calculate a suitable ray bias value automatically for future builds which will remove the need for manual adjustment of this value.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Nice, thank you !

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                  Thanks, I can reproduce the issue and it is due to the secondary rays bias set to 0.001 for the scene that you sent me. If you set it to 0.0, the issue will go away. We are working on a way to calculate a suitable ray bias value automatically for future builds which will remove the need for manual adjustment of this value.

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  Ah cool. I often need to set this to other than 0,0 since most imported models are a total mess
                  Kind Regards,
                  Morne

Comment

Working...
                  X