Convert to HDRI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert to HDRI

My last few jobs crash after converting to HDRI. I am running the latest MAX and V-Ray. The conversion takes what seems like a long time and I have learned to save before I run the conversion and test render before I save again; the crashes happen on the test render.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
    My last few jobs crash after converting to HDRI.
    Could you be more specific? Did you run the conversion script to VRayHDRI loaders, and if so, with or without conversion to tiled format? With which options? If tiled, which format, exr or tx?
    What exactly are you converting?
    The conversion takes what seems like a long time
    It will take what is needed to find out what a file gamma value is (and for that, you can safely blame the max bitmap loader, we can do nothing about it.), in essence opening the file from disk.
    So, for scenes with many bitmaps, and with those stored on slow/networked drives, it will take a while (meaning tens of seconds, not minutes or hours.).
    the crashes happen on the test render.
    Contact support and send them dump files if it crashes.
    While the vrayHDRI loader is *quite* stable in itself, the same can't be said of all the plugins it could be used with.
    Maybe one such is causing the crash.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
    X