Elements incorrect with Vray Next Update 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elements incorrect with Vray Next Update 1

There seems to be issues with Alpha channel and lighting elements. (See attached images)

Also, Vray light reflections now show in the Specular pass, not the Reflection pass. Why is this?

Image 1 attached is the RGB.
    Image 2 is the alpha with Vray Next update 1
    Image 3 is the alpha with Vray 3.6
    Image 4 is the GI element with Vray Next update 1
    Image 5 is the GI element with Vray 3.6.
    Last edited by justini; 01-12-2018, 11:33 PM.

Hm, can you send me that part of the scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com so that I can investigate?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Small other question, are the VFB corrections applied (when enabled in the 'save in exr') only in the RGB or also in all the renderelements ?
      Can't seem to get the elements work in nuke when adding all the layers!

Comment

Originally posted by muoto View Post
        Small other question, are the VFB corrections applied (when enabled in the 'save in exr') only in the RGB or also in all the renderelements ?
        Can't seem to get the elements work in nuke when adding all the layers!
        Sorry. I don't understand the question. Where is the setting for this?

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          Hm, can you send me that part of the scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com so that I can investigate?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          Vlado,

I emailed you a link. did you get it?

Comment

In the save dialog of the exr

Comment

these elements look like this in the VFB before even saving.

Comment

well, after some more testing, impossible to get the same results in Nuke as in the color corrected VFB settings. Even if the color corrected RGB image is saved in the EXR file, all the renderelements channels (Gi, reflection ect) do not seem to have the VFB color correction applied.

Comment

i don't know what to tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by muoto View Post
                    well, after some more testing, impossible to get the same results in Nuke as in the color corrected VFB settings. Even if the color corrected RGB image is saved in the EXR file, all the renderelements channels (Gi, reflection ect) do not seem to have the VFB color correction applied.
                    Hello

The color corrections are only saved in RGB (and effectsResult) channel by design. Saving CC to other render elements channels would promote improper compositing in post.
                    So when you use your elemets for back to beauty in post you'll have the uncorrected result (RGB without VFB CC applied). Then you'll need to apply the same corections to the compositing result if you want to match RGB with CC.

Best regards,
                    Margarita
                    Margarita Stoeva | chaos.com
                    Chaos QA (V-Ray for 3ds Max)

Comment

Originally posted by Margarita.Stoeva View Post

Hello

The color corrections are only saved in RGB (and effectsResult) channel by design. Saving CC to other render elements channels would promote improper compositing in post.
                      So when you use your elemets for back to beauty in post you'll have the uncorrected result (RGB without VFB CC applied). Then you'll need to apply the same corections to the compositing result if you want to match RGB with CC.

Best regards,
                      Margarita
                      Thanks, but this is off topic. The OP was in regards to incorrect alpha channel and other elements, specifically with respect to refractive materials.

Comment

Working...
                      X