Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Next GPU suddenly slow

Hello Everyone.

So I had set up a turntable animation for a product showcase for a client of mine. I have decided on this occasion I would use Vray Next Gpu to speed things up a bit. My test renders were between 45-90 seconds per frame. I use speed fan and noticed my GPU temps were all of sudden down below 30 degrees. They had been up to 70C on first 30 frames of animation. Not significant changes in scene from frame to frame. Building light cache is taking forever and the renders have gone up 12-13min.

Any ideas on what could be issue of tips on optimising?

Michael

With the latest vray gpu update 1, after reinstalling it 3 times to make it barely work, it renders VERY very very slow.
    It was giving me errors and kept compiling gpu kernel at least 4 times before i closed max. Screenshot added
    Attached Files
    Last edited by salvadoresz; 09-12-2018, 07:13 AM. Reason: added screenshot

Comment

i did a clean install of latest nvidia driver, so far it seems like vray is working ok

Comment

Originally posted by BBHead View Post
        Hello Everyone.

So I had set up a turntable animation for a product showcase for a client of mine. I have decided on this occasion I would use Vray Next Gpu to speed things up a bit. My test renders were between 45-90 seconds per frame. I use speed fan and noticed my GPU temps were all of sudden down below 30 degrees. They had been up to 70C on first 30 frames of animation. Not significant changes in scene from frame to frame. Building light cache is taking forever and the renders have gone up 12-13min.

Any ideas on what could be issue of tips on optimising?

Michael
        Seems like it's falling back to CPU. Can you post your system specs? Can you send me the scene? Have you checked the log for errors?
        If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
        Chaos

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for the slow reply. So I figured out what issue was. I had added a vray light material to one object in the scene after intial test renders. After I removed this the render times went back to the 45-90 seconds. Is Vray light material a known issue?

Michael

Comment

No, it should work fine. Can you send me the scene?
            If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
            Chaos

Comment

Working...
            X