Shading Error - light bleed behind geo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shading Error - light bleed behind geo

I'm getting some pretty sever shading errors in this scene. this is Vray 3.6, scene is primarily lit with a HDRI, target camera using Vray exposure control. The geometry came from Revit originally, I've checked the normals

The pictured balcony appears as separate from the wall, until you get within a few meters, when it starts rendering correctly. At my camera's distance (right hand side) there is no shadow or under the balcony where it should be. You can even see a little bit of light bleed on the close up shot.

My first instinct was a units issue (the scene was in mm's. I've changed to meters in the system units, but I can't currently merge in to a new scene - it crashes every time, not got to the bottom of why). I could potentially weld the two surfaces together, or redraw them, but I feel this really shouldn't be happening.

Can someone point to any settings in Vray that might play a part in this?

use bf and lc and make sure LC is set to defaults
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

What Morne said: reset to defaults (swap to scanline and back to V-Ray in the render panel), and render away.
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
      X