V-Ray Clipper Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Clipper Problem

I have a problem with a file that I have 8 Clippers on and if they all are hidden or the Enabled box unchecked then I can render a 1080 frame at about 3 min. If I unhide or Enable them then that same frame goes to 31min. Is there a way to animate the enabled state of the V-rayClipper? Im beating my head on my desk as this is drastically slowing down my animation and I desperately need to get this thing rendered, the times above are on my 2990WX and the rest of the farm is 1hour to 3 hours per frame and I have about 2100 frames to render and after a week its at about 36% complete which is insane... Ive narrowed the bad render times to the clippers but cant figure out how to get them to render faster other than hiding them when I dont need them in the shot.
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Just a shot in the dark - try moving the clippers far away. You can also send us the scene to see why is it that slow.
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

Thanks Peter, Im desperate for a better answer lol. I did try moving the clippers far behind the camera over a single frame but it only reduced the render times but a little bit like 5 or 10 min and would love to if I can get them back down to closer to 5 to 10 min to render the entire frame if possible. Ill shoot you an email soon with the file.

Cheers,
      -dave
      Cheers,
      -dave
      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Working...
      X