Edge filtering artefacts in adaptive ligts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edge filtering artefacts in adaptive ligts

Hello, I just noticed that there are some diferences at the edge filtering between full lights and adaptive lights (mainly at vray lights, but also in geometry edge occasionaly). Is there any way how to avoid these artefacts, because I would like to use adaptive lights.. versions tested Vray 3.6.04, Vray Next 1.1. Images are attached.

The adaptive lights do not work well with the "subpixel filtering" option and it is turned off in that case. There is a message about this in the V-Ray log somewhere. Instead, you can use some slight lens effects to blur the bright edges.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for fast reaction. Are you planning in the future support the subpixel mapping for adaptive lights?

Comment

Originally posted by l.e.v.i View Post
        Thanks for fast reaction. Are you planning in the future support the subpixel mapping for adaptive lights?
        I'm not sure how to do that or if it's even possible. Adaptive lights change the sampling for different areas of the image, which leads to pixels being cut off by the subpixel mapping in different ways which leads to artifacts. I've thought about it for quite a while, but unfortunately I haven't been able to find a way to make them work together yet. In the meantime, a bit of lens glare seems to do the trick most of the time.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ok, thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X