Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-ray displacement and ortographic view cameras.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-ray displacement and ortographic view cameras.

Hi Chaosdevs,

There is an issue I've had where I have a file setup that renders fine, but if I try to render an orthographic camera view Vray will get stuck on compiling geometry. The problem I found out was due to having view-dependent displacement in one or more materials, and this doesn't seem to play well with orthographic standard cameras. Unfortunately, I have a very bad memory and keep forgetting about this and thus I run into this issue repeatedly and keep scratching my head when files get stuck!!

Is there any chance you could implement some kind of fix for Vray so orthographic renders don't get stuck when trying to subdivide for displacement? Maybe detect that you are trying to render from and ortographic camera, and warn the user and/or use some kind of safe settings for displacement (maybe auto-disable view dependent, since that seems to help in my case)?

Hi,

What's your V-Ray version?
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

This is an old problem and for me, the last time was with an old vray version : https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...ometry-problem
      (Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

We did some fixes related to this in recent versions, so knowing the exact version markus_s_cg is using will be helpful.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X