Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightcace prefiltering takes a lot of time

Hello
    I have an animation going on and I am using LC in fly-through mode. First pass is for LC only, and it still does pre-filtering after calculation, and that pre-filtering takes a lot ! I don't even know how long it takes, as it is doing that for an hour already.
    LC Subdivs 3000, about 120 frames, a lot of 3D displacement, geometry Dynamic, limit 20000, memory conserve is on (I have 32gb on my PC)
    Turning displace off is not changing anything...
    I've tried Camera Path mode, i've tried to change pre-filtering to filtering (hangs on merging passes), i've tried to change sample size to World with about 5cm - prefiltering hangs. This is for the first time i meet something like this...
    Thanks
    Last edited by Oleg_Budeanu; 26-12-2018, 03:35 AM.
    Available for remote work.
    My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Do you think you can get me a scene for this to vlado@chaosgroup.com so that I can check what's wrong?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      Do you think you can get me a scene for this to vlado@chaosgroup.com so that I can check what's wrong?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      Thanks for your reply, Vlado. The scene is quite big, and I cannot make it smaller (all the assets are about 10 GB). But I think I've found out the problem. Lightcache was saving to my NAS storage, changing that to my M2 local SSD cut the saving/loading times significantly. But that is quite weird, to be honest. Since my network speed is 1 GB/s and NAS itself is quite fast.
      Anyway, looks like the problem is somehow in hardware.
      Available for remote work.
      My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Comment

Working...
      X