Possible bug in DR asset transfer mechanism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible bug in DR asset transfer mechanism

Latest SPs on max, latest Version of VRay 3.6.

Situation:
    Blendmaterial using multiple FlakesMtl/StochastikFlakes. VRayExtraTex render element to manually construct masks with multisubtex and vraycolor. Will reply here as soon as the files are uploaded on your FTP server. Confidential, staff please do not post screenshots of fixes/setups.
    Rendering is started via backburner using the automatic dr asset transfer ov vray. One render node actually makes use of it and needs it to properly function and "find" assets for various reasons not to be discussed right now.

Expected behaviour:
    All nodes render the image perfectly.

Observed behaviour:
    The VRayExtraTex masks element renders wrong on that one node that makes use of transferred assets as it cant find them itself (It renders the mask as if the flakes textures/materials are not there, so not black but just the color of the material beneath it. Plugins directory works on that node as expected. It's only about texture assets and related stuff that can be loaded on-demand while max is running and requires no restart of any kind.

Conclusion:
    I think that the pre-render generated flakes texture isn't included in the automatic processing of asset transfer. I have no time to verify this though and it isnt an urgend problem for us right now since the project is over and we worked around it with some temporary setup. I would just like support to verify said conclusion and if it's not applicable/reproducable to find out what causes this and maybe get a patch. More information can then be provided if necassary. Please contact via e-mail in this case.
    Software:
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
    3ds Max 2016 SP4
    V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
    Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
    64GB RAM

DxDiag

Thanks for the report, will verify this as soon as we get the scene files.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Scene files are up, file name is "FlakesMtlIssues.rar" with ticket number 682-634-628
      Software:
      Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
      3ds Max 2016 SP4
      V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
      Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
      64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

I did a few tests with the scene you sent us and I think that the issue you have is definitely a bug.
        Textures loaded in VRayExtraTex render elements are not transferred to the render servers.

There is a simple workaround that can be used until our developers fix this issue in the future versions of V-Ray.
        If the same texture that is loaded in VRayExtraTex render element is applied on a dummy object somewhere in the scene
        (the object can be hidden), V-Ray will transfer the texture along with all others textures and will be visible for the render servers.

The bug is reported in our system under referent number VMAX-8139.
        Hristo Dimitrov | chaos.com
        Chaos Cosmos Representative | cosmos.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
        X