Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot apply lens effect Missing bloom ID mask channel

Happy New Year all,

I was wondering if anyone has ever come across this error message?

3ds max adapter error Autodesk 21.0 reported error vray Cannot apply lens effect Missing bloom id mask channel

I have 4 machines that I am using to network render and only 1 of them is giving me this error message.

I am using max 2019 and Vray Next ( 4.10.02.28805 )

Thanks
    Alex
    Cheers

Alex

Was the scene saved with an older version of V-Ray?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

All the network machines are the same version of vray.
      Cheers

Alex

Comment

Ok, then it will be helpful if you can get me the scene if possible, to vlado@chaosgroup.com ?

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Sure Vlado. I will rar it up and send it along. Thanks
          Cheers

Alex

Comment

Vlado,

Here is a link to download the current file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0i3frpz9rp...ion19.ZIP?dl=0

I dont know if this has anything to do with the issue but I am using the Lens Effects but I noticed that I do not have any dialogues to apply it to object ID's. Did that go away?

Thanks for looking into it.

Regards
            Alex

Cheers

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by alexworx View Post
              I dont know if this has anything to do with the issue but I am using the Lens Effects but I noticed that I do not have any dialogues to apply it to object ID's. Did that go away?
              The option was removed, because it was difficult to implement efficiently and was causing us a lot of headaches, and at the same time it was used very rarely. Which is why the message is so weird (Asen says all code related to the IDs was removed in the new versions). Thanks for the scene though, it will be very helpful! Will look into it.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Hi Alex,

we have the old lens effects is V-Ray 4.0 and the new ones in 4.1. Your scene is saved with 4.1 and it works fine in 4.1. The message is shown when you render the scene with V-Ray 4.0. If you save your scene with 4.0 then the old lens effects work fine. This is according to my tests. I would guess that your scene is saved with 4.1 and for some reason your host machine uses 4.0. There is a substantial difference between the old and the new lens effects, so I would recommend that you use only 4.1 and higher.

Best,
                Asen

Comment

Hi Asen,

Thank you and Vlado for checking into this. Makes sense.I will have to double check and make sure the render boxes are using the 4.1.

Speaking of the LE. I have no issues getting it to work. But why is it when I put a dome light with a hdri in the texture channel does the LE not work? See the 2 enclosed examples.

Thanks again for looking into the network error.

Alex

Attached Files
                  Cheers

Alex

Comment

If you check the intensity of the pixels, it is the same?

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

Hmm, not sure I will check that.

Cheers

Alex

Comment

Vlado,

So I did a render with and with out the hdri on. Here are the results.

Attached Files
                        Cheers

Alex

Comment

Still having some issues with using the Bloom and Glare. With above mentioned file and in a different animation scene. Take a look at the enclosed animation file. I like the effect on the lights above but parts of the walls are getting blown out. Whats the best way to get ride of the wall issue but still keep the lighting effect?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q69eaha2yh...dated.rar?dl=0

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Alex

Cheers

Alex

Comment

For what it's worth I'm getting this error message on networked rendering computers even though I'm not using bloom at all. I get the same error when rendering locally, although it doesn't mess up the render queue. At some point I will double check and update all the computers with the latest version, but it is a little baffling right now. --ds
                            Last edited by dennisqdw; 19-01-2019, 01:05 PM.

Comment

I have some more information that might be relevant. As I've learned with a little checking, I created the scenes with vray 4.10.02.00001, but was trying to render them on systems with 4.02.04.00004. So I understand based on the earlier posts in this thread that there would be a problem with lens effects. However I am not using lens effects at all! So why would I get that error? I will update the other computers and see if the error goes away, but I thought that you might want to know about this in any case.

Comment

Working...
                              X