Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences In IPR and Production Render

Hey all

I would post this to the forum, since I'm sure you guys have a lot on your hands but I for some reason wasn't permitted to write on the forums even though I asked for the permission, anyway. I have drastic differences on when rendering with IPR and when switching to production rendered. Settings are the same. GPU is RTX 2080 with 411.63 driver. Images attached.

Thank you!

By posting your GPU hardware, I guess you are using V-Ray GPU. In V-Ray GPU, IPR uses BF+BF and production uses BF+LC by default (way more GI bounces). About the other differences I'll need the scene and issues listed one by one.
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by slizer View Post
      By posting your GPU hardware, I guess you are using V-Ray GPU. In V-Ray GPU, IPR uses BF+BF and production uses BF+LC by default (way more GI bounces). About the other differences I'll need the scene and issues listed one by one.
      Oh right. I completely forgot about the calculation methods, I'll have to check those and see can I get them closer together. Thanks! And yes I am using V-Ray GPU. Next 1.1 version.

Comment

How do I actually change the rendering settings for IPR and for when I click "Render Production"?

Comment

IPR is BF+BF forced, but you can change the GI method of the production in the Global Illumination rollout. There is also a specific "IPR Ray per pixel" setting in the Performance tab, everything else should be valid for both.
          If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
          Chaos

Comment

Working...
          X