GPU and multiple environment fogs render errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPU and multiple environment fogs render errors

I am using 2 environment fogs with GPU Next in 3DsMax. In this setup when rendering GPU (doesn´t matter if IPR GPU preview or production render....) the environment fogs sometimes both render, sometimes don´t render at all, sometimes one does render. The only way to "force" both to render is if I am using VFB GPU render and meanwhile GPU is rendering I am actually clicking on the fogs in the environment tab rollout and changing the fog´s order (up or down) - very stange procedure I know. However, I cannot do production render with both fogs working. Also i did try to change all kinds of parameters of the environment fogs and this does not change anything. Also this does happen if a fog does only have 1 light or multiple lights related to the fog - the fogs are using each 1 gizmo in the scene.
    Same issus sometimes occurs when I am only setting up 1 environment fog in a scene and trying to do GPU rendering.

I am uon V-Ray Next Update 1.1 using 3DsMax 2019. Changing to Cray CPU is not an optin since the scenes are heavily setup for GPU and CPU rendering would be way to slow (we are having a GPU renderfarm pipeline).

Hello,

It seems that when rendering with V-Ray NEXT GPU, the parameters of the last (in the list) VRayEnvironmentFog are applied to all other fogs. I have forwarded the issue (named VGPU-3833) to our developers.

Sorry to inform you that there aren't workarounds that involve production rendering in GPU.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X