Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Update 1 Lens Effects: Anomaly in Blades count

Hey guys,
    I have a small issue here. Create a simle scene with a V-Ray sun where the sun is visible in camera and activate lens effect with default values. You should see 6 streaks around the sun. Now set the blade count to 5 and you get 10 streaks around the sun. Same for 7, you get 14 streaks. All even numbers produce expected results, all odd numbers are wrong. Is this the correct behaviour?
    https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Hi,

this is not an issue, but rather physical principle. Each aperture blade produces one diametric streak across the light. So 6 blades produce 6 diametric streaks, two by two overlap. 5 blades produce 5 diametrical streaks, but they do not overlap. I know that this is counterintuitive, but few days ago we added a rollout in lens effects menu with a picture of the aperture to support intuition. We are working on some new cool controls and I will also write a blog post with some physics and intuitive explanation, but it will take some time. For now I will add that you will never see odd number (say 5) of radial streaks on a real photograph.

Best regards,
    Asen

Comment

Working...
    X