Vray next 1.1 - Frame buffer saves when cancelling a render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray next 1.1 - Frame buffer saves when cancelling a render

As the subject states, I don't understand the rationale to this.

The frame buffer save output is ticked, and you start rendering your scene..

Whilst rendering, you see an error within the image and decide to stop the render. pretty simple so far.
    Now what i don't understand, is that the frame buffer before you can re-submit the render again will save out all those incorrect rendered channels.

I think this process is somewhat unnecessary.

Any thoughts on this?

Vray next 1.1
    Max 2019

Yep, I'll agree with this....seems unnecessary and if it's a large exr that can take a while.
    https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Hello,

Click image for larger version

Name:	render_settings.png
Views:	174
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	1026751

Is "Completed Renders Only" checked ? If it is not - then the VFB will save all images.
      Also
      Click image for larger version

Name:	renderprogress.png
Views:	169
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	1026752

if you are stopping the renderer with the buttons on the Render Progress dialog which button are you pressing? The "Stop" button there actually means stop rendering but save images.

Best regards,
      Yavor
      Yavor Rubenov
      V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

For me the images are saved no matter how I cancel. It is very annoying and I plan to look into it.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          For me the images are saved no matter how I cancel. It is very annoying and I plan to look into it.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          Just a note, nothing to do with VRay in max. When rendering with Maya batch, vr images pile up over night in my VRay history buffer when my workstation becomes a render node. Has completely filled the ssd in the past locking up the machine.
          www.lunaranimation.com

Comment

daviddeacon This one is just with the regular save box ticked in render settings - the Vray frame buffer tab one (the normal save one is fine but I never use that any more anyway).
            Although I can see how that would be extremely annoying in your case, doesn't the history settings check box solve that?
            https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Thanks Yavor for your reply. "Completed renders only" is always ticked and not the cause of the problem.
              It appears that Vlado is aware of this.
              Thank you for the prompt replies

Comment

Working...
              X