Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• render differences between max2018-36004 and max2019-41002

hello,

here the different outcome of the both max versions with different vrayversions

it is a file with a sphere and a daylight in the middle. thats all.360 equirectangular rendering

the left one is a rendering max2018-36004 the right one is max2019-41002

ok, i managed to change the standard material to a vraymaterial with the old map in diffuse and selfillumination.... then i get something like the picture in the middle...

if i exclude the spheres from the light then i get the same picture as in max2018...

so there are two differences. what changed, how and why, and what is or was a bug?

thanks for looking into

thomes
    Attached Files
    Last edited by thomes; 22-02-2019, 12:13 AM.

vray 41002 does not render selfillumination from standard max material. bug or feature?
    in vray 36004 or max2018 there was a problem with the vraysun (maybe inside an object), i dont exactly understand the behaviour with the light coming in...this is a rendering from inside a sphere. outside only a vraysun.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by thomes; 28-02-2019, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Thank you for sharing the files!
      I was able to reproduce this with both 3ds Max 2018 with V-Ray 3.60.04 and 3ds Max 2019, V-Ray Next, Update 1.1.
      It looks like the problem is the geometry, please add a Shell modifier on the sphere, this fixed the issue at my end.

"vray 41002 does not render selfillumination from standard max material. bug or feature?"
      - We recommend using V-Ray materials instead, Standard materials are partially supported in V-Ray Next and we can't guarantee they will render as expected.
      Kristina Georgieva
      Technical Support
      support@chaosgroup.com
      Chaos Group

Comment

kristina, thanks for looking into !
        last 15 years selfillu for standard worked...so ok, good to know that this changed.

but for the first example... if you move the vraysun outside the sphere, even if you make a shell modifier on the sphere, you get sun in the inner side of the sphere. that cant be right, or do i missunderstand something...

Comment

Working...
        X