No automatic backup when VRay Frame buffer window is open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No automatic backup when VRay Frame buffer window is open

I noticed, that the automatic backup function of MAX doesn´t work when the VFB window is open. In this way I lost some work. I testet it. My backup time is normally 5 minutes. After closing the VFB window the backups were made as before. May be that this only happens, when I use the VFB window for interactive rendering in that session. Does anyone have the same problem?
    Workstation: Ryzen 9 5950x @ 4,20GHz 64 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro P5000, Win10 Prof.<br>Rendernode: AMD Threadripper 2990wx 64 GB RAM, Win 10 Prof. MAX 2025.2, VRay 6.2, ForestPack, RailClone, RichDirt, KStudio ProjectManager....

Yes I believe that happened to me the other day when I lost a good few hour's work. I thought I was going mad as it appeared to be autosaving but in fact was not.
    I'll test it here when I get a moment. To confirm, I also was using IPR so it may be it's just related to that.
    https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

This is on purpose. Unfortunately, operations like saving while rendering are too risky because of technical limitations (not only on our side). For example while IPR is running we turn off Auto backup and after the session is over, we resume its original state.
      If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
      Chaos

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. The odd thing is that the autoback looks like it is working but does not save, which is where the confusion arises. That is, it says it's in progress but clearly doesn't actually save anything.
        EDIT: No it doesn't say it's saving - my mistake
        Still, wish I'd known of the behaviour earlier

EDIT No 2. Oddly, I can still manually save whilst IPR is in progress. How does this then differ from the autoback function?
        Last edited by fixeighted; 25-02-2019, 06:25 AM.
        https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Now everthing makes sense...I thought it was a MAX glitch.
          Vincent Jaramillo
          Smithgroup
          301 Battery Street
          San Francisco, Ca 94111

Comment

Please make a note i the help area and I think, this is a very urgent information to prevent data loss.
            Workstation: Ryzen 9 5950x @ 4,20GHz 64 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro P5000, Win10 Prof.<br>Rendernode: AMD Threadripper 2990wx 64 GB RAM, Win 10 Prof. MAX 2025.2, VRay 6.2, ForestPack, RailClone, RichDirt, KStudio ProjectManager....

Comment

There is a request for automatic backup to work during IPR.

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
              oakcorp.net
              v-ray.jp

Comment

Working...
              X