VrayEdgesTex in the Bump Slot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayEdgesTex in the Bump Slot

I just upgraded my machine to a threadripper 2 with 64Gb ram, max2019 and windows 10 pro. (vray 3.60.05)

When i open a scene i was working on last week on max2017 (win7pro) the textures are missing in the material slot of a material with VrayEdgesTex in the Bump Slot.
    At first the slots that have the material already open shows fine.
    When the material is selected from the scene the textures are not visible in the material slot. (=just a gray ball)

When i remove the VrayEdgesTex from the bump slot the textures in the material slot are visible again.

The material renders still fine, its seems to be only affecting the material slot preview.

Hello,

I have tried to reproduce your issue in our environment, but here it works as expected. Would it be possible to provide us more information and steps to reproduce the issue.

Best Regards,
    Martin Minev
    Chaos Group Support
    Martin Minev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Seems the 'use real-world texture coordinates' option was turned on in the general tab under options of max, affecting the textures in the material slots.
      Turning this off fixed the textures in the material slots.
      Sorry for this stupid question of me.

Cheers and thanks for the reply.

Comment

There is never a stupid question. I always wondered about this too, just never asked.
        Vincent Jaramillo
        Smithgroup
        301 Battery Street
        San Francisco, Ca 94111

Comment

Working...
        X