Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Freeze randomly on heavy scenes

Hello,

since Next and lastest FP (3dsmax2019.2), i got randomly computer (dell t7920, dual cpu,sdd drives, 64gbram) freezes when rendering on some heavy scenes. Usually when the rendering is almost finished, maybe saving (?). I have to do a real hardware reboot afterwards. I tried of course check the logs, but nothing is written as the system just freezes.
    Tried of course to see it is a handware problem (memcheck ok, chkdsk ok, dell preboot check ok)..

is there any vray-related diagnostic i could run to find out where the problem is coming from ?

Thanks !

Would you confirm if the machine just freezes for a while and saves the render as expected or it crashes without outputting the render result?

Please make the following tests:

1) Try different resolutions, for example very small 100X100
    2) Render the scene without output
    3) Observe the memory usage while rendering. See if there is a problem when releasing it at the end of the render, this might be expected behavior for very heavy scenes.

Let me know how this goes.

What was the memory check you made? Please try running an additional stress test as there is a chance there is a hardware problem.
    Kristina Georgieva
    Technical Support
    support@chaosgroup.com
    Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
    X