Getting a 700 error on my render...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a 700 error on my render...

It consistently fails and will work however if I disable the GPU in the devices list.This scene works fine on other computers.
    Help?

having the same problem here. I sent a scene to support for investigating. I have different errors all over the place.
    Did you send a scene? I havebeen in communication with support about this in the past and without a reproducable scene they wont know what is going on.
    Also logs will help...I forgot where I can find them though..
    Attached Files
    Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
    www.AddYourLight.com
    Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Comment

Have you tried with the recommended drivers (417) ?
      If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
      Chaos

Comment

I can try again. I had these problems on and off since vnext came out with different driver versions (also older ones) so I'm having the feeling that it is not driver related.
        Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
        www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

I'm on 417.35! And I know, actually, that this is specific geo related - and I've managed to track it down to the specific object and fix it on *some* frames of my animation. It seems to have something to do with rats nests of polygons and displacement.

Comment

I am on the latest driver and I am not having issues. I did roll back to 417, after the GPU warning, but I started getting strange viewport issue.
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com
            e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
            phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
            • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
            • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I've resolved my issue by fixing a completely crap piece of terrible geometry. Works properly now!

Comment

Originally posted by HowardDay View Post
                I've resolved my issue by fixing a completely crap piece of terrible geometry. Works properly now!
                It shouldn't crash anyway. Do you keep the problematic geo in some file?

Peter Matanov
                Chaos

Comment

Slizer - Yes I did, I have a current version of the animation that will repeatedly crash my machine *and* will #700 fail on frames when rendered sequentially... but not when they're rendered individually! Whoohoo, fun! How should I share this with you? To clarify, when rendered on a single machine, frames 37 and 45 of the animation fail with a 700 warning, save an output of the previously rendered frame, and continue to the next frame. once it reaches frame 96, the renderer will crash. Frames 37 and 45 when rendered individually will output fine. I've run this test 5 times, with the same results each time. Thanks!

Comment

support@chaosgroup.com
                    www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

I've sent in my file, let me know how it goes tracking down the issue. My best guess is that it has to do with dynamically deformed geo + actual deformation . For instance, I'm using the flex modifier on some of the soft-selected verts - that seems to really mess with it. if I turn off Render Deformation, everything works great.

Comment

What I find really depressing is the fact that whenever this happens I have to restart 3ds max to get rendering again . Vray doesn't like errors .
                        www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

So my case is #876-527-677 any word on if anyones had a chance to look at it yet?

Comment

It's definitively a bug. It's logged as VGPU-3885 and will be examined by a developer.

Peter Matanov
                            Chaos

Comment

Any movement on this one?

Comment

Working...
                              X