DomeLight behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DomeLight behavior

Why is the direct light appearing in the LC but not in the actual rgb rendering pass?
    Domelight with HDR (Not using the "Adaptive" dome WIP)

Max2019 & v-ray next latest & win7pro

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by voltron7; 08-03-2019, 03:10 PM.

Are you using the GPU or CPU engine?
    It happened to me when the scene had nodes (maps in textured lights, f.e.) which weren't supported by the GPU engine.
    As the LC is currently CPU bound, those would work fine in it, and disappear when the rendering phase proper started.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Hi LeLe, I am using CPU engine. I am going through the scene and found some lights in bad locations, perhaps that was the cause...I'm doing some tests now...Thanks for your reply.

Comment

This is unexpected but without an actual scene it's a bit difficult to say what's happening.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. I ended up changing the HDR in the dome light. That seems to have solved it.
          I'm sort of surprised because the "bad?" HDR is from a reputable source.
          Thanks again!

Comment

Glad to hear that.
            Is it reproducible, though, with that HDR?
            Or was it somehow scene corruption on some node, or who knows what else?
            Lele
            ----------------------

Disclaimer:
            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Hi LeLe,

I did not have the chance to try to reproduce the issue.
              I don't recall the problem using that HDR in the past, so I'm guessing the scene somehow became corrupt, (however removing that HDR did somehow fix the issue.)
              Thanks!

Comment

Thank you!
                We'll pen it down as a mystery, hoping it won't waste anyone's time ever again! ^^
                Lele
                ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Working...
                X