Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Clipper Problem with Fluids

Hi,

I have setup a clipper object to only include one object in the scene to clip. This works as expected. However, when I add a Liquids object to the scene, it also gets clipped. If I setup the clipper to exclude everything in the scene but the object I want clipped, it works as expected. Why doesn't it work the other way?

Vray 3.6 in 3ds Max 2018.

Can you get me a scene for this? Looks fine in my test.

If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

I think I figured out the cause, although not sure if it is normal. If the object being clipped is visible, then everything is fine. However if I hide the object that is to be clipped, then the clipper clips everything inside the object I've hidden. It seems to me that no clipping should be taking place. It's as if the include objects setting on the clipper gets ignored if the object listed in the include list gets hidden. VRay 3.60.05 in 3ds Max 2019.

Comment

What's the point of clipping hidden objects?

Peter Matanov
        Chaos

Comment

There is no point, but I would expect the clipper not to clip any of the visible objects in the scene since the clipper was configured to only clip the now hidden object. I can post some visuals if that helps.

Comment

bump... was just wondering if this is considered normal behavior?

Comment

Probably not. I'll make a note to fix it.

Peter Matanov
              Chaos

Comment

Working...
              X