Nodes Hard Locking with animated forest pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nodes Hard Locking with animated forest pro

Been chatting with itoo on their forums and found out that 6.1.6 Forest Pro is basically broken with animated meshes. So we have downgraded to 6.1.2 which solved the glitchy and missing trees in the renders we were getting but we are still getting a lot of hardlocks - the machine locks up after vray scene loader dll, in between frames. Sometimes after 1 or 5 frames sometimes I get as many as 30 rendered before it locks up.

I'm not even sure it is an issue with vray or with max

We are using max 2018.4 and vray 3.60.05, latest windows 10 pro updates.

Itoo had this to say: "...we’ve identified and fixed a bug caused by changes introduced in the FP 6.1.5, which might be related also to this issue. Currently we’re testing the update – it should be available next week. Meanwhile, we suggest using the FP 6.1.2.

Also, there's a reported V-Ray issue related to animations, which should be already fixed in latest nightly builds. Please feel free to give it a try or contact the Chaos Group for more info."

Which is why I decided to post it here, see if you know something or not, as they claim.
    WerT
    www.dvstudios.com.au

when you say hard locking, you mean they freeze essentially and stall out?
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

They need manual resetting... amazingly not even the reset button works - I have to turn off the power supply.

I've turned off animated forests now and there is no crashes anymore. Shame, hopefully there can be a fix.

The trees themselves are just noise and bend (with noise controllers for infinite frames) modifiers to animate.
      Last edited by werticus; 09-03-2019, 10:34 PM.
      WerT
      www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Hello,

The issue that we know of causes crashes when there's animated meshes. If you could share a scene with the problem animated meshes I can check if it is the same thing.

As for the nodes totally locking and the reset button not working - generally that is an indication of some hardware issue. Maybe it happens only when there is enough stress on the machine and turning off the forests makes it easier so it doesn't crash..

Best regards,
        Yavor
        Yavor Rubenov
        V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Yeah sure, I need to get it all organized for you - it will be pretty big.
          WerT
          www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Working...
          X