Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volume Grid file VDB name, altered when in input?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume Grid file VDB name, altered when in input?

Say I place an VDB into the loader, Smoke.0100.vdb as a generic example, nothing loads into the scene.

On further inspection of the loaders input path, it seems that the loader has changed the path file name to Smoke.####.vdb. Manually addressing this by correcting the file name via the loader text box solves the issue (not using the explorer dialog box I mean).

Whats more bizarre, is if I place the same file that I'm loading in onto my desktop and load it into the loader from there, there is no issue. Just seems to this set of VDB's and loading in them from the network?

It's just crossed my mind, there are 100 VDB files in the folder im pathing too.

.0.000.vdb -.0100.vdb

Is it picking the file name .0001 as an animation sequence .####?

Also, the when restarting max and loading the scene, the volume grids are empty again. I have to move the frame slider to 1 to see anything (confirming my theory above), this is not ideal.

Would it it best to rename the VDB files so that they are not picked up as a sequence or is there anther way around this?

edit: ah load nearest if missing.

Is there a way to hide the volume grid, grid container/gizmo, just so I can see the volume?

edit: cell size

All sorted, nothing to see here.
    Last edited by DanSHP; 18-03-2019, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X