Bloom/Glare for 6x1 cube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloom/Glare for 6x1 cube

Rendering Bloom/Glare in a 6x1 cube results in light spill from one cube face to the next. Requires saving out a version without the bloom effect and masking those areas back manually in Photoshop

Is there any plan to make this effect work correctly for 360 cube maps ?

I'll make a note of it in the to-do list. Thanks for the feedback.
    Miroslav Ivanov
    Chaos Cosmos

Comment

similarly, the glare/bloom needs to continue to other cube faces where appropriate.

Comment

We'll take that into account, of course.
        Miroslav Ivanov
        Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Hi. Same problem with Vray 5 in December 2020. Could you please help us? Corona 6x1 renders OK the Bloom/Glare, maybe you can share data now that you're on the same team. Thanks! My Best.

Comment

MARIO ARQING We have worked on a fix for this issue, however, is not yet implemented in the stable builds. I'll talk to our developers to push it forward as soon as they can.
            Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi, this has been fixed before the 5.0 release. What I've found to be a problem that is still present is that some uneven resolutions cause the post effects artifacts. We will investigate if we can fix this, but generally (at least as a workaround) for 6x1 cameras it would be good idea to stay away from non-multiples of 6 resolutions or at least check the adjacent numbers.
              I would like to ask you if you find something else besides the resolution to cause the problem to send us a scene.

Best regards,
              Alexander
              Alexander Kazandzhiev
              V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Working...
              X