Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing VRay Next breaks 'Manage Scene States'

Hello,

I installed the latest VRay Next demo recently and noticed that it broke my 'Manage Scene States' dialog. When I goto Tools > Manage Scene States and click, nothing happens. I did some googling and found someone reporting VRay as breaking it. I uninstalled the Next demo and voila, it works again. I reinstalled Next and it's broken again. I looked through the forums here and couldn't find anything, so apologies if this is a known or easily fixed issue. Really breaks my ability to batch render.

Thanks for any help!
    Daniel

EDIT: Max 2016 with the latest SP, Windows 10
    Last edited by danio; 20-03-2019, 09:09 AM.

Hello,

Could you try to run 3ds max as administrator ? If you are still having issues, please provide us more information regarding your windows 10 version.
    Martin Minev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for your reply, Martin. I already had tried the 'Run as Admin' trick but that didn't work unfortunately. I tried it again today just for good luck, but nothing. I've also tried the 'press alt, then down arrow, then...' trick in case the window is off to the side. It really is directly related to having VRay installed or not. I suppose it could be a startup script messing things up?

Anyway, what would you like to know about my Windows 10 install? I seem to be on version 1803 and up to date on Windows Update.

Thanks!
      Daniel

Comment

Working...
      X