Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPR and VFB Froze problem

Hallo, I'm Andrea Bertaccini from Tredistudio,

I have a cuple of Licence of Vray Next 1.1, I have a scene that gave me some problem with IPR and VFB.
    Is a scene with a character and skin Material (I tested with booth old 3.6 Vray skin Material and the AlSurface shader), during the test for material I need to check the skin with IPR and all the time (this problem occured me from about one mounth) after some test that goes right, the VFB will stacked.
    I mean that the calculation of image was loked on "building light cache..." and the VFB frame are usless, I can't shutdown, I can't start a new render or stop it or else, but all the function of max are still avaible, forabsurd I can do evering else except using the VFB.
    What can I do to check if there's something wrong in the scene?

I really appriciate if someone can help me.

Really thanks

1. What's the CPU/RAM utilization when the VFB freezes?
    2. Does it happen with that particular scene or it also occurs with other similar and not so similar scenes?
    3. How often the issue occurs?
    4. Can you also try switching GI to BF+BF and see if the same thing happens?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Thanks for answer,

About CPU/RAM use I have to check the exact use, but was not reach the cap for RAM (btw I got 64GB ram installed)
      About the scene, it happens expecially with this scene (there's a character with ALsurface shader), but sometime happens in other coplex scene.
      It happens often, in 10 run of IPR happens 8.
      Right now is on BF+LC, I try to switch BF+BF and I will give you a feedback.

Thanks

Comment

do you use proxies, or non-static displacement much?
        If that's the case, try setting the dynamic mem limit to 0 and see if it makes any difference.
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Hi Lele,

nece to hear you, we meet in Arezzo at DDD.
          I not use a proxy in the scene, there's a dispacement map generated from zbrush (32bit exr image insert with vray hdr map) but is static.
          Ther's Vray fur for the pachfuz and the Hair&Fur for the hair.
          Btw i try to set the dinamic memory to 0 and let you know about.

Thanks

Comment

Is there any improvement with dynamic memory set to 0?
            ​​​​​​Any chance to send that scene for inspection?
            Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
            Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
            X