need help with Vrscene and Vrscenezip files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with Vrscene and Vrscenezip files

I am new to vray, am using vray next and 3ds max 2019. I have a ton of shaders that were developed by 3rd party vendors (using vray and 3ds max) which I have downloaded from my companies CMS system and they all come out as a vrscenezip file which as far as I can tell is totally useless to me since I need to access the shaders in the material editor and apply them to objects in my scenes. I have found extremely limited 'how to use' documentation online for vrscene and vrscenezip files (mostly high level stuff just explaining what they are), and was wondering if it is possible, and how to do this if it is, to extract material shaders from a vrscene or vrscenezip file inside the max scene.

You can use the VRayVRmatMtl to load the materials inside a .vrscene, however, you cannot edit them.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks Aleksandar. Is it possible to embed helper nodes in a vrayscene file? I am noticing that the native 3ds max point helpers are not being packaged into the scenes we are converting... is there a vray specific node I could use instead?
      Last edited by Redwire1; 10-04-2019, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Could you elaborate on how you wish to use these helpers so that we can better understand the issue?
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Well I want to parent imported meshes to helpers for placement and movement in a custom script-driven automated batch render process (say that 10 times real fast.) Basically we have a number of scenes which are built using Vray/3ds max which are then delivered to our CMS (which also stores thousands of product models and material libraries) via vrscene files, then the cms pairs product meshes with the scenes and any number of finishes are applied to them through a scripted process that batch renders hundreds or even thousands of different scene and product combinations via Clara.io based on the lists of metadata we script for our render batches. We are building functionality to snap and parent the imported meshes to these pre-placed helpers to have as best a shot as possible at hitting optimal positioning for that product in the scene, but due to the vast variety of shapes and sizes of the product models, we are trying to build a simple interface into our CMS so that art directors with no 3d modeling experience can reposition these models within the scenes however they want should they feel the default position isn't cutting it for that product. We began exploring this functionality and noticed the max point helper isn't being brought over with everything else via the vrscene import to Clara.io. I wanted to see if it was a limit of the Vrscene file or Clara.io (or both?) and fish for any workarounds before deciding what to do next.

Comment

Working...
          X