Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-loading "Updating instances" stage for rendering sequence.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-loading "Updating instances" stage for rendering sequence.

I have to render a very simple scene with some matte objects, GI turned off, and just outputting alphas. To get a decently crisp alpha takes less than 30s, but the 'updating instances' stage seems to take as much time again, and happens for every frame that is rendered.

Is there a way of 'updating instances' just once at the start of rendering the sequences? Over 1900 frames that difference is really going to add up. This is on Max 2019 and Vray 3.6

There isn't a way of forcing the 'Updating instances' phase for all frames at once before the sequence - it is done for every frame.

Send the scene to support@chaosgroup.com, so that we can take a look and possibly optimize the process.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by busseynova View Post
      I have to render a very simple scene with some matte objects, GI turned off, and just outputting alphas. To get a decently crisp alpha takes less than 30s, but the 'updating instances' stage seems to take as much time again, and happens for every frame that is rendered.

Is there a way of 'updating instances' just once at the start of rendering the sequences? Over 1900 frames that difference is really going to add up. This is on Max 2019 and Vray 3.6
      All the above is valid: that's an unavoidable stage.
      You could possibly make it quicker by lowering the number of nodes in your scene (i assume you have many?), maybe by merging non-moving geometry.

Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Thanks guys, it's not too bad, I'll live with it.

Comment

Working...
        X